Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Track Plan




I have scanned my drawing of what the layout is to look like. This was drawn freehand.

What you see is a 13x10 loop of the 5th sub starting at Logan, Montana and then working its way around to the Talc Plant in Three Forks. The tracks will wrap back around so that if I want to run a train continuously, then I can. Of coarse it will not be 100% prototypicial but "close enough for the girls we go with" (my dad's favorite quote).

The Logan area will have the main line come in and out of the layout. This will serve as future expansion if there is ever any. I really wanted it for photos shoots of long BNSF, or MRL trains.

The industries that I will be having on this layout are still up in the air. The talc plant is a must and probably the bulk plant (if it works out for the location) but I am thinking of adding a fictional lumber yard spur that starts at the talc plant, which you see on the plan. Those and the Logan area should give me plenty of switching options for my 840 Local.
I'm still collecting photos and data of these industries and honesly I still don't exactly know the names of them just yet. Also I have not mentioned what era I will be modeling until now. I want to really model the year 2005 because MRL was still using a lot of their older fleet but also that was the time when the SD70ACe come to town. Back then the bulk plant was not there so I have concluded that the era will be the 2000's. Good enough for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment