Sunday, March 13, 2011

Electrical Beginnings

Prior to laying the 1/2 board on top of frame work, I wanted to get some runs in of my power bus. Being that I once before work in the construction industry, I had some 14-2 Romex left over. Everyone said that 14 awg was a good size for a power bus, and since I had some of it just laying in a box, I figured that I lucked out. So I made use of what I had and used the Romex for my power bus wires

Due to the fact that my layout is on the small side, I still wanted to break it up into two power districts, so I ran two lines of Romex. First I located a good spot where I was going to mount my DCC system on the layout and started the runs from there.


After I drilled holes in the bench work, I had my oldest son, Jared give me a hand pulling wire. I really want to get him involved so that he will appreciate the layout even more. This way it can be our layout instead of Dad's.


Here are a couple of photos of Jared under the benchwork giving me a hand:
For now we just ran the runs of Romex for both power districts and we will worry about the rest of the electrical once we have track down and feeder holes drilled.

For those of you who don't know what Romex is, here is a site that can answer that: http://homerenovations.about.com/od/electrical/a/artromexnm.htm


Stay tuned for additional information about my electrical ideas, my DCC system, further plans for wiring this layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment