Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Back At It

Happy New Year everyone! I cannot believe how time flies. It has been a long time since I posted my progress. Though I wish I had been farther along on my layout but sadly that is not the case. Since my last post, I have added the fascia board to the front of the layout, foam sheets for scenery, and started laying the road bed.

One of the most important things that I have done towards the layout is collected a few photos of the area. I have to give a big thank you to the two individuals that were able to go onsite with their cameras and captured the images that I would need to continue. Dick Chaffer and Tom Danneman have been kind enough to help me out with the photos.

I also have to give a big thank you to my close friend Jeff "Margaritaman" Gorjans for gifting me flex-track, switches, a few rail cars and the bridge I will need over the Jefferson River. He has saved me a lot of money here.

Things are rolling quite well. I will post photos of my progress when the entire roadbed is in place and the place is cleaned up. All of my HO scale roadbed is down, now I am placing the N scale bed that will be used for my sidings and yard.

If anyone has access to Google Earth, take a look at the area. You can get a great updated arial view of what I am trying to capture. The Logan area looks great now since it has been updated to 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment